How to Register for the Gathering
- print the Gathering Registration Form, fill it out, and mail it with the required payment
- payment may be made with one, two or three cheques in Canadian funds made out to Ontario Miniatures Gathering London (see registration form for all details)
- registration is not complete until payment is received
- all registration forms received with payment by November 7, 2016 will be entered into a random draw for workshop assignment numbers
- registration forms received after November 7th will be assigned the next available assignment numbers as they come in
The Registration Fee
- is $395 per person, two to a room
- includes two nights in the hotel, six meals, coffee breaks and souvenirs (drinks and workshop fees are not included)
- single room supplement is an additional $140 per person for the weekend
- due to financial commitments, there will be no refund after November 21, 2016
Name Tag Holder
We’re going green with respect to name tag holders!
If you’re like the current committee members, you have a number of name tag holders already. Please bring your own holder (the colour doesn’t matter). Name tag holders will be supplied for first time registrants.
(Do you have name tag holders you don’t need or no longer want to store? Bring them to the Gathering and we’ll put them to good use for people who forget to bring one. Thank you.)
Friday Afternoon at the Gathering
Once you have checked in at the hotel and found your room, come to the Gathering Registration desk in the lobby to receive your registration package. Don’t forget to bring your name tag holder. Your name tag is your entrance to all the functions. Included in your package will be a schedule of events for the weekend.
It has been the tradition on Saturday evening to exchange small gifts with the other seven people sitting at your dinner table. While a value of $4-6 is suggested, most are handmade items which are valued by recipients as a wonderful reminder of the Gathering. Giving is optional.
An exchange gift is optional but a big part of the weekend fun. If you bring a lovely, miniature object in 1 inch OR 1/4 inch scale with a suggested value of around $20, you will receive one in the same scale in return.
- package the item in a clear container
- include your name in the container so that the person receiving it can thank you
The exchange gift is collected Friday afternoon at registration. Names are drawn throughout the weekend.
You’ve worked hard – so show it off! Everybody loves to see what other people have been doing, so we hope to have lots for display – roomboxes, dollhouses, or individual items.
The display room will be open Friday and Saturday from 9-10 pm. The general public is welcome.
- Planning to bring a display? Complete the Display section on the Time and Talent Form and mail it with your Gathering Registration Form.
- turn in your display on Friday afternoon to the display area, along with your own lighting and extension cord if needed
- include a card with your name and some information about the display
- pick up your display Saturday night after the Artisans’ Mart closes
Quick kits are inexpensive and easy to make kits that are sold on Friday night. You can work on them at the Gathering or take them home to make later.
- Interested in selling a quick kit? Complete the Quick Kits section on the Time and Talent Form and mail it with your Gathering Registration Form.
- for more information, contact Janet Harvie
The Artisans’ Mart is an opportunity to buy mini items hand-crafted by your fellow miniaturists. It takes place Friday and Saturday nights from 9-10 pm.
Or maybe you’d like to sell your hand-crafted, mini items? More information is available on the Artisans’ Mart page.
Saturday Night Banquet
Who’s coming to dinner? It’s anyone’s guess. Dress up as any fairy tale character, fantasy figure, or super hero.
Gathering Helpers are donated items which are raffled off to help with the current Gathering expenses. Donated by clubs, groups or individuals, they can be a small roombox or vignette, or a single piece such as a dressed doll, special piece of furniture, or a very nice accessory piece. They usually run at a value of at least $50, but many are worth far more. Gathering Helpers are on display throughout the weekend while tickets are being sold. Winning tickets are drawn during Sunday lunch.
- if you wish to donate a Gathering Helper, indicate this on the Time and Talent Form and mail the form with your Gathering registration
A successful Miniatures Gathering is guaranteed when attendees use their time and talents in any of the following ways:
- bring a display
- make and sell Quick Kits
- sell your work at the Artisans’ Mart
- make a Gathering Helper
We could not run the Gathering without Special Volunteers to handle the small but important tasks. It’s a wonderful way to get involved and meet more people.
- act as Table Hostess
- be an Exchange Gift Runner
- assist with security in the Display Room
- help with the Silent Auction or Mini Swap
- or in any other capacity
To participate, fill in the Time and Talent Form and mail it with your Gathering Registration.
Through the Keyhole Contest
You are invited to create and bring a vignette of what you see through the keyhole.
- on a base no larger than 6″ x 6″ for 1:12 scale; 3 x 3 for 1:24 scale; 2 x 2 for 1:48 scale
- subject is your choice, limited only by your imagination
- re-size and print the keyhole provided (in Word), or make your own peephole, and use it for the front of your vignette (optional)
- hide your name so no one knows who the creator is
- favourite will be chosen by your fellow guests
- people’s choice will be announced at dinner on Saturday
Checklist of things to bring
- your own name tag holder
- toolbox filled with supplies you may need to complete your Workshop(s) / Quick Kits
- UFO (UnFinished Object) if not doing a workshop
- table gifts (7)
- exchange gift in 1 inch or 1/4 inch scale
- costume for Saturday Night Banquet
- 10 mini swap items, if you are taking part
- silent auction items to donate
- display items with light/power cord if needed
- Gathering Helper, if you volunteered to bring one
- contest entry
- bathing suit
- money for Quick Kits, Artisans’ Mart, and cash bar